Monday, January 28, 2008
The stamp is from baroque motifs. The designer paper is not SU! but the card stock and ribbon are (kraft & choclate grossgrain). I like the simple look and masculine qualities of this card.
As always thanks for looking!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Once again, sorry to all my Virginia friends who are missing a party this weekend. I promise to make it up to you!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Thanks to my stampin buddy Joyce, for the idea. A friend of hers had made a similar book as a gift and after seeing the book at last month's stamp club I knew I wanted to make one. So armed with my tools and some extra ribbon I put together this book in a couple of hours while my little man took his nap today.
I love the way it turned out and am planning on giving to my cousin this weekend as her hostess gift, for hosting a party for me. Each of the inside pages have a space for a picture to be placed.
Let me know what you think. . . .
As always thanks for looking!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
The words are using the "carte postale" set, the hearts are from "year after year" and the scripted background is "en francais".
As always. . . . thanks for looking!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
THIS is the card that I saw that I thought I could use for inspiration.
I'm not completely pleased with my final outcome, but it's a start in a new direction. I love her layers and colors. I've been thinking (especially with the new colors in the new SU! Catalog) that I need to branch out from my browns and greens into brighter colors. As you can tell, that didn't happen in this card. I did however incorporate more layers and more details than I normally do. Please let me know what you think.
As always, thanks for looking!
as always, thanks for looking!
Thursday, January 10, 2008
stamp set: Embrace Life / card stock: soft sky, river rock / printed paper: Le Jardin
stamp set: Nursery Necessities / card stock: soft sky, river rock / printed paper: Le Jardin
As always, thanks for looking. I hope you are having a wonderful new year!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
What: Stampin’ Up! New Catalog Open House
When: Monday, January 14, 2008
6pm – 8pm
With a new year comes wonderful and exciting new stamps and scrapbook projects! Come see the new catalog and enjoy make and take projects, appetizers and door prizes. Please feel free to drop in at your convenience and bring a friend!
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
New Catalog Open House - Monday, January 14th from 6pm - 8pm. Please contact me if you are interested in attending. There will be door prizes, food, make and take projects, and most importantly . . . . NEW CATALOGS! Don't forget to check out my website (www.sarahsstampin.com) for more information on this event and upcoming events and specials!
:The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you (link is on her name listed above) and post the rules on your blog.• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them. (I'm not completely convinced everyone will want to know these things about me. . . but we'll see)• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
7 Random/Weird Facts About ME!
1) I hate feet (how's THAT for random!)
2) I am a coffee addict, I've been known to drink an entire pot of coffee before going to bed
3) I recently lost 30 pounds (20 more to go!)
4) I'm the boss' daughter
5) My favorite musician/actor of all time is Harry Connick Jr.
6) I am SO COMPLETELY disorganized! (really, it's not even funny)
7) My eyes change color with my mood. (green/hazel/dark brown)
Now, here's the sad part. Most of the blogs I read have all ready been tagged and I don't want to double-tag someone. . . so, I will keep looking and as I find new and interesting blogs to tag, I will post the links.